Friday, August 20, 2010

Was in an 8 yr relationship and I just found out that my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me. How do I mend?

I was in an 8 yr relationship and I caught my ex cheating on me. For the last year he's been acting different, going out, coming home late, hiding his phone- finally I gave him an ultimatum to quit it or else its over. He did--but it was always in the back of my mind...did he cheat? was he feeling sufficated? Ive been noticticing that he would always hide his phone and would like to turn it off when we're togehter. So, I took matter in my own hands...i bough a voice recorder taped all his conversations and after a couple of weeks i found what was to be my worst nightmare. He was bragging to his friend how he slept with this girl and all the things that she has done to him sexuality. I was so mad i confronted him right then and there and he STILL denied it saying that he ';knew'; that i was taping him and he was giving me a ';taste'; of my own medicine. so i packed up my things and left that night. I cant help but feel like a loser for staying with him for all these years. How do i cope?Was in an 8 yr relationship and I just found out that my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me. How do I mend?
I was engaged to someone and we had been together for 6 years and the same thing happened except I caught him red-handed. As time went on I realized he had slept with more than one person. At first it is totally normal to feel silly or like somehow it's your fault. Even though everyone says it isn't your fault (and it isn't) it's impossible to not feel like an idiot or you should have seen him for who his was earlier. Just let yourself be upset for a little while. Watch stupid happy movies and anything that feels good. You need to redefine who you are right now so take the time to learn who you are without this person. At least you didn't wait 20 years or 30 years. You learned a lot with this person so take wait you can from the situation. Someday you'll meet someone who is absolutely fabulous and doesn't even consider cheating and you'll realize that if you had never went through the 8 years with the wrong guy, you may have never met the right one.





Good luck! Feel better!Was in an 8 yr relationship and I just found out that my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me. How do I mend?
The dating game is very risky and can end in hurt. Eight years is a long time. To me boyfriend/girlfriend relationships is like playing house (pretending to be married). Especially for women we tend to get our emotions tingled up while dating. I am really sorry to hear this happened to you. Just take some time to heal. God has someone just for you. Don't rush into anything right now. Take it slow and enjoy your season of singleness. Being single gives you time to heal, restore, and prepare your heart for a wonderful future mate. Love will come to you in time. Keep your head up in smile because when no one loves you God will.
Why do you feel like a loser? You found out what he did and left him in the dust. Some women would of stayed with him.
Getting away from him was right. Just remember that you are beter than he is, you don't need him.Feel Great about yourself and find great man.
Go on a Jamaican island for a while. They'll make you forget about just anything. Better yet, sell something of his to pay for the fare! Seriously, though -- it'll take a long time, but just be glad it ended when it did. Who knows why people cheat? Men are great at denying the sh** that's smeared all over their faces!!!He could have led you along and hurt you for many more years. In time, you'll find the perfect person and they won't do that to you.
You did the right thing by leaving. Get counseling if you need to but don't go back. Once a cheater always a cheater. Trust me, I lived the life for years. Find the man who deserves you
You wasted your life being wrapped up in this fool. You can't get those years back. At least if you'd been married you'd gotten half, but now you get nothing and he cheated. I'd feel like total crap.
Be glad you weren't married to him and had children. I know your pain, I was married to a cheater for 11 years and now I have to let him have our children. It is very difficult.


You can go on, things will be better and now you have a blank check on the future. You will find someone who is worthy. I did. GOOD LUCK!
He was the one cheating....you need to do some nice things to make yourself feel better.
Let him go.Once a cheater,always a cheater.Seems the more us women give,the more they take for granted.No woman deserves to have that done to her.It's going to be hard for alittle while since you were with him for so long.But enjoy life for your self and one day you will find that special someone to sweep you off your feet.Good Luck.
My husband not only cheated, he gave me an STD.


I hate him for it...


Our kids hate him...it only gets worse.


Just walk away and start fresh, meet new friends, join a club...run, craft...whatever..


But my best advice...FORGIVE AND FORGET. I forgive him, but I can still hate him.


LIARS stink
Remember he is an ex.
Let him go...and look for someone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment