Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does vasectomy make you more masculine?

Im doing a research on middle aged men who cheat. Im trying to cope with my dad's poor decisions but I am doing this by taking a logical approach.





There are many reasons why men cheat so please, this question is just on vasectomy.





I've read many articles that point to men feeling a loss of masculinity after having a vasectomy. So to compensate for this lack, their behaivior slightly changes to accomodate a more masculine behavior. This includes a slightly increase in sex drive, that at times, his mutual partner can't match. Also, a change in behavior with the kids.





How much do you agree with these statements? Do you think having a vasectomy can increase or decrease the chances of a married man to go on and cheat; (disregarding the type of relationship he has with his wife)Does vasectomy make you more masculine?
There are some studies that show an increase in ';masculine behavior'; after vasectomy to compensate for feeling like less of a man after being rendered sterile. Other studies say this is false. The funny thing about vasectomy research is that the conclusion is frequently what the researcher thought the answer should be.





An increase in masculine behavior does not equal an affair. Common sense would tell you that if you remove the chance of getting someone pregnant (the cheating mans worst nightmare as it even trumps getting caught), it could cause a slight increase in acting on the cheating urge.





Personally, I like to think you are either a cheater or not, but it really is not that simple. It is impossible to separate the behavior from the relationship in which it occurs - I agree with the other answer on this.





Many men (and women, although women cheat less) think of it occasionally. I think it is more common when the couple is having troubles or at times of ';life changes';. For many forty to fifty year old men, there is an inevitable drop in mojo (sex appeal), unless you are rich and famous. Some men go through a mid-life change and act on their urge to cheat to feel young again. Some younger women will feed the ego of an older man more than he could ever get at home.





I don't think blaming cheating on a vasectomy is the ';whole explanation';. If you really want to know, you would have to ask the mom and the dad and find the truth in the middle somewhere. I doubt either of them could be completely honest with their child on this issue. If I cheated (and I haven't, ever) I would never be able to tell my daughter why I did it.





What if the answer was stupid like: Well, I was out by myself and had a few drinks, some attractive woman made it clear she was interested. Your mom and I haven't been getting along and we are hardly ever...intimate. One thing led to another and I had made a big mistake.





This is the type of cliche answer people give. You are not meant to know the whole story.Does vasectomy make you more masculine?
Do not listen to anyone has not had a vasectomy. They do not know.





It does not make any difference. It only takes away your inhibitions. The fear of pregnancy is gone, so you are free to have all the sex you like (personal experience).





Unfortunately signle my friend had his about two years ago. He has been “playing” with every woman who has a pulse and now he thinks he picked up herpes a few months back. He refuses to go to a doctor.
I highly doubt that the percentage of men that cheat is higher among vasectomized men than among the general population. Cheating in a relationship is a symptom of bigger problems, and those can occur regardless of whether the man has had a vasectomy or not.
having a vasectomy takes away your masculinity


trust me


they steal your sperm
A cheat is a cheat regardless of fertility
Yes it would. I personally think real men get vasectomies.
No it has no bearing on masculine at all
I had a vastecomy 16 years ago. At the time the reason was that we had run out of bedrooms. I didn't feel any less masculine. I can still shoot a load of ejaculate and so on... in all repsects nothing changed, except at a mircorscopic level. I remember at the start there was an issue.. that issue being that I didnt so much feel the same about sex because it lacked a component... you know.. the anticipation that my lover might fall pregnant... sex was ';not as exciting'; because of that. Those emotions disipated in a very short time and my sex life was back to normal. I had, if anything a decrease in sex drive initially and now it is normal.





In recent years I discovered something. My doctor told me that I was now in a high risk category of heart disease on account of my bad diet, high blood pressure, high cholesterol. These things also impacted on my ability to perform sexually, not in teh rudimentary sense, as I could maintain an erection.. but I would get puffed easily. These realities lead to a fitness regime. The conseqence of that fitness regime was an increased libido. The problems associated with that were that my wife, in her 40's was commencing menopause and her libido is waining and continues to do so. These kinds of libido disparities have far more influence than the consequences of a vasectomy, in my opinion. In my instance, these changes are recent, wheras the vasectomy was a decade and a half ago. I didn't cheat then, at all, but now, with children all grown up, my libido peaking, my wife's libido waining and my sexual inhibitions discarded, frankly I can't get enough of the good stuff. It is impossible to disregard the relationship one has with one's wife when discussing cheating. The relationship is the thing that drives us or distracts us from cheating... not a vasectomy.
  • vista
  • chi hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment