Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I cope with my bfs family and mine?

My boyfriends family lie to me and my family doesn't want me to go out with him b/c they think he is not good enough for me


His sister who is also 10 yrs older tahn me stills things from me and him and then denies it. She even told me he was cheating just to break us up. I have went out of my way by cleaning his familys house painting moving furniture baby sitting kids I also wanted to do it for my boy friend but I hoped his family would atleast not lie to me what should I do? And my family is ignoring me b/c I am with him or they put me down for liking him even though I try and explain how I feel. My boyfriend is really sweet and we love each other we just seem to be fighting our families than spending time togeather...How do I cope with my bfs family and mine?
You are spending way to much time and energy trying to convince his family to accept you. It is just not going to happen so stop. I was married into a family like this for nine years until my husband died, and let me tell you it never changes. If you want a relationship with this person than you have to have it only with him. Continue to be polite and kind when you are around his family, but stop bending over backwards trying to make them accept and love you, it won't happen. Respect those who respect you and waste no energy on those who do not deserve it.


As with your family, maybe they are sick of hearing all that you do for his family and watching how terribly they treat you. I have closed my ears also to friends and family once I get to the point that I am talking to (or beating my head against) a wall. For their own sanity they may not be able to continue to be involved in this. Let it go. Go to the movies with him, clubbing, parties, whatever the two of you enjoy doing. Focus on what you are trying to keep, and your family will be happy just because you are.
  • vista
  • chi hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment