Friday, August 20, 2010

Still have hard feelings toward my ex. How to cope?

I divorced my husband in January, 2007. We have a son who will be 4 in September. He cheated a lot. I kicked him out and we never went to counseling to try and resolve our differences. (One visit does not count) He lives with his new girlfriend now and I am pregnant by my boyfriend of 11 months... so one would think that we have each moved on, but I don't know if I have really. I miss him so much sometimes... other times I hate him. He is very indifferent toward me, kind of like cool/casual/whatever. It makes me feel like I've lost someone who used to be a friend. I also have anger from how he treated me and I just wish I could bring it up and yell about it but I can't. I have questions that I can't ask now. He was not a good husband and I know it would never work... why do I miss him? Shouldn't I just be happy with my new life? I still get jealous of the girlfriend for calling my ex-mother-in-law ';mom';. I can't look at pictures of my son playing with her daughter... When does this feeling go away? And why is it hitting me now? I try not to let on how I feel. I want to move on for good.Still have hard feelings toward my ex. How to cope?
We all go through a 'mourning'; period after the divorce..Did I make the right decision? Do I miss him? Do I miss my old life with him? Am I jealous over his new girl? It is normal..I have been divorced for many years now and I still miss him...All of these feelings are normal and I have discovered that I have a very low self-esteem because of it..But there is a light at the end of the tunnel..I am going BACK to church..Know that God loves you and trust Him to help you..You can cry to him and scream and just make him your friend..HE will never leave you or make you feel abandoned...Just try to find peace and happiness...Trust in the Lord as the friend and Shepard he is..He will listen to you..Good Luck..My heart hurts everyday, too...Still have hard feelings toward my ex. How to cope?
You're probably having these feelings because you didn't give yourself proper mourning time after your divorce. You divorced in January 07 and you're pregnant already, with your boyfriend of 11 months? Which means you got together in July of 2007? That's only 6 months after your divorce.





A lot of people feel fine to date after only 6 months, and I'm not saying it's wrong that you DID date after 6 months, but maybe you needed longer? Maybe you never really had closure when it came to your ex? It's always hard to get cheated on, and I'm sure it especially hurts when it's your husband and it breaks up your marriage - what you thought would be forever.





My only advice to you would be to seek some couseling. Try talking to a therapist about your feelings, it should give you some closure. Or maybe talking to a close friend about it?





The only other thing I could possibly think of is doyou think it's a possibility that your pregnancy hormones are just a little out of whack and making you feel crazy feelings? Did you have anything similar with your last pregnancy?





Try to move past this and be happy that you found a good boyfriend. Be happy for your ex, be happy he's happy. And be happy that your son has a father who still wants to be around, and a ';step-mom'; (though not quite yet, I know) who enjoys spending time with him and her own daughter.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment