Friday, August 20, 2010

Lost my Heart after 6 years??? How do I cope?

Firstly, please take time and read my situation, try to understand it, and then give me your answer.





I am recently separated from the love of my life; we had a lot of trials and tribulations. I compromised a lot, and so did he. I was with him for almost 6 yrs; we split up for about 6 weeks, over something that was very minor to me, but very major to him. Now that we have been apart, he says I have changed, and he doesn’t have to settle for less to come back to me, that he was cheating himself all along, that he could have someone better. I’m not bashing him at all - I understand, and people are entitled to feel the way they want to. But it is so hard for me to just pick up and move on, I know he loves me, and cares. And I definitely love him, probably more than I should.





Is it possible to love someone soooooooooo much, and not be with them. - Or to try to re-start your life, if they are the only true love you have ever known?





I am 26, and have been with him since I was 20 - I am so scared to face the world alone now, I don’t want to meet new people. I am afraid to get hurt in the process.





How do I cope? - I cry every day, even at work at my desk like right now. I am so LOST - I don't know what to do, I have lost my appetite over the last month, I mean I might eat a hot dog and a Pepsi all day. Or yesterday I had, 1 string cheese, a nectarine and a Pepsi - the whole day.





I can’t focus on anything. I get all these emotional moods swings, one minute I feel strong, then I feel weak again, and hopeless.Lost my Heart after 6 years??? How do I cope?
awwww you break my heart...I have been there and know the feeling of losing the person you love. It is real hard but if he truly loves you, then he will jump into his senses and get back with you. If he doesn't do so then you need to face it, he either fell out of love with you or found someone else. you don't just walk away from the love of your life unless they given you meaningful reasons....Did you cheat?? Constantly accuse him??? Were you overly jealous??? bitchy??? what were the reasons for the break-up??? If it wasn't all that serious, then you need to realize it's not you,,,,,he was just looking for an excuse to separate.....Regardless, you don't need to go through this. Keep yourself busy and don't call him at ALL. if you call him, you will just push him away but if you don't, he will begin to miss you. Go to the gym, spend time with friends.... Get a hobby if you don't already have one. Whatever you do, don't allow yourself to be alone or stay in bed. Yes you need to cry so dedicate one day to crying and being miserable but after that just keep busy so you won't even have time to think about it. Easier said than done I know but it is possible. He will realize it and when he does you might already be getting over it so it will be your call. I've been on both sides....Yours and his and I know.....trust me....I wish you the best of luck and feel free to e-mail me if you need to talk to someone.Lost my Heart after 6 years??? How do I cope?
i am going to slap you. dont worry it is for your own good.





you are lucky you are now on 'the breakup diet' and it is a great way to slim down and find a better guy.





dont EVER cry at work. period. hear me? being fired will just make you miserable at this point. you owe your employer your best self. i hire people at our company and i would not put up with you. get a grip.





you have a bad attitude. what???? yup. no guy wants a grown up woman who is 'scared' they want a woman they can respect as an equal.





it is grow up time. you CAN focus, you must focus. and every day that you are disciplined enuf to do this, will make you feel better. i understand the breakup is horrible. got it, been there. you have already used up your crying allotment. now, it is time to dry your eyes and open them. when a door closes another opens.





it will be alright, i promise.
The wound is fresh. You have to allow yourself time to heal and to start anew. Allow yourself to cry; there is nothing wrong with crying. Sometimes people are wrong for us and we know it but we hold on to them because we don't want to face the pain. Go through the pain, it won't kill you, it will make you stronger. Be happy in your circumstance because at least you know, in your young age, what to look out for next time. Next time, you won't settle at all and you will leave before you become attached. Listen to this... Don't believe the hype, a relationship can be drama free. Relationships are not inherently difficult. Now you know that if you are in a relationship where there are a lot of disagreements, you let it go. You may not see it now, but you are young and you will have another chance. The years to come will be better than this one; you've got to believe that. Have faith and don't shun the pain. It won't go away until you accept it. And girl, cry if you want. Accept the hugs and expressions of sympathy that comes your way. Trust me, things will get better. And if you don't want to date right now, that's okay. This will change too.
I feel for you. I am in the same boat after a divorce from a 17 year relationship. I married when I was 23 and she was 20. On top of everything we have two young kids. I am lost as well. It doesn't seem like it will get better anytime soon. I know it will eventually, but I just don't know how long it will take. She is already seeing someone and it has only been four months since it was final. I feel so betrayed, angry, hurt, and confused. These emotions all pop up whenever they like and take turns tormenting me. I wish I could give you an answer but I need one myself. I just wanted you to know that there are others out there in the same boat. Good luck.
We all have our first loves who we think we can't live without, but in the end it's yourself you have to live with. Why are you allowing him to have that kind of power over you? Time, in truth does heal all things, and you will get over this. You are a STRONG woman even if you don't feel like it right now. Wipe your nose, pick your head up and say to yourself that everything will be okay. You'll bounce back, and you are never alone, there's me who's listened trying to help, I've been in your shoes and I thought I couldn't live without my man and you know there for awhile I didn't but I realized I'm important enough to me not to let him ruin my life, takes time yes, but you are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment