Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you cope with a jealous girlfriend?

I've been with my new girlfriend for about 3 months. I love everything about her except the fact that she's really jealous and suspicious of any other females I come into contact with (colleagues, friends etc.) she even checks my phone to see what I've been up to.





It doesn't help that I'm still really good friends with my ex (we split up a year ago). I've cut down the amount of times I speak to her on the phone and see her due to the problems it causes between me and my girlfriend but I dpn't want to lose contact with my ex completely as she's a really good friend.





I would never cheat on my current girlfriend (I've told her a million times!). But I think she's had bad experiences in the past which means that she finds it really tough trusting men.





How can I keep my girlfriend happy and not lose the friendship of my ex?How do you cope with a jealous girlfriend?
You can't so one of them has to go. The new gf will always see the ex as trouble. You need to show your faithfulness by your actions and your words. This is your gf's problem and even though it may seem unfair to you, you have to deal with it. She is just going to have to come to the realization that either she trusts you or she doesn't. If there is no trust then there cannot be a relationship. And if there is a relationship it will be hell for both. Just about any girl will see the ex as a problem because if you keep in contact there are feelings there. Whether they are sentimental or whatever.How do you cope with a jealous girlfriend?
The ole green eyed monster. You need to set down boundaries and tell your girlfriend that you have never done anything to threaten her trust in the relationship. That you expect her to be mature enough to handle your friendships and people who are part of your life. That mean that you can and will have friendships that can include her...but she will not pick your friends and you will not be controlled. It is called maturity and you hope she is up to it.
have sex with your ex
She's insecure. Give her no reason to be suspicious. Know that she is that way over time it will go away.
See why she is like that. There is no need for her to be jealous. You are with her and not your ex or anyone else. Its ok to be friends with ex or any girls. And your girlfriend should understand that you are just friends. If she can't change then explain to her you can't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment