Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My boyfriend feels like he is cheating on his dead wife with me?

My boyfriends wife has been gone for 2 years now. We have been together for over a year. We have alot of fun together and we have a good relationship but he is not very intimate and we dont make love often. He just told me that it feels strange like he is cheating on her. I know he loves me and cares for me so I how do I cope? Do I be patient and wait for him to do something?My boyfriend feels like he is cheating on his dead wife with me?
He is still grieving. You either wait or move on...your choice.My boyfriend feels like he is cheating on his dead wife with me?
well he moved on. not ready for a serious relationship. so thanks anyway

Report Abuse



he was not ready to date, give him time or move on.
He is still greiving..not much you can do for him..he has to find his own peace with her. He loved his wife too...This isn't about you...
Insist that he get counseling to get over the loss of his wife. Or you can just be patient and see if he just needs more time. It's up to you how fast you want this relationship to move forward and if you feel its not moving fast enough and you want more, make it happen or leave. I feel bad that his wife is gone but he needs to move on. It's not fair for him to be in a relationship with someone if he's not ready because he's now holding up the other person too.
Obviously he wasn't ready to date when he started to begin with. He should have taken time to get over his late wife before he became involved with you.
Be understanding of his situation, and tell him you'll never push him into anything he isn't ready for. If you think you have true love here, then stick it out.. when he's ready it'll be even more awesomeness :]
He is still grieving and he will be grieving for years to come. I'm a widow and was tough dealing with another man. I was good to my husband and I know that he wants me to move on. Your boyfriend needs to go to counseling. Be patient, but this is a tough situation. He will compare you to her and that is just a habit that widows/widowers do. If you love him then be there for him and allow him to talk about her. The longer he keeps it bottled up inside, the longer it will take him to cope with her death.
If you love him, you'll get him into therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment